- Current Latest Page
- All blog posts 2012 + Original, 2006 onwards – Contents of Site – Index
- New blog – The Feral Press
- Sign the Ban Blair-Baiting petition here
Or – Tweet this post
5th February 2012
I’ve been having some fun with the Wordle tag cloud tool.
Based on the present state of the Middle East, Syria in particular, and how it is treated by the know-all state-of-the-art so-called liberals (pardon the exuberance of hyphenation but there is a causal link) I’ve put together a wordle or two. The below wordle graphic illustrates the confused state of “thinking” of those who bellow “war crimes” when the west dares to suggest intervention anywhere considered er … none of the west’s business.
You may note the prominence of such words as “hypocritical – people – hypocrisy – utterly – free – intervention”. That prominence is due, in this particular case, to my inputting them several times.
Wordle is a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text. You can tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and color schemes. The images you create with Wordle are yours to use however you like. You can print them out, or save them to the Wordle gallery to share with your friends.
I input my blog url and hey! – it seems the words ‘Blair / world / international/ new‘ are found most frequently there. Well now! There’s an interesting thought.
… with ‘Need – PM – Russia – Putin – Kosovo in second level prominence
The wordle above was generated by reference to my home page which at the time was this one – http://keeptonyblairforpm.wordpress.com/2012/02/01/tony-blair-doctrine-of-the-international-community-chicago-1999/
Thus, to be fair, it is largely composed of Tony Blair’s words, rather than mine. The post was of his ‘Doctrine of the International Community, 1999’.
So just for the exercise I also made a wordle for the previous post – http://keeptonyblairforpm.wordpress.com/2012/01/28/democracy-threatens-putin-georgia-ukraine-bang-to-rights-british-spies/
Create your own Wordle cloud or check up on other sites in which you are interested by pasting in their contents. The commenters’ bias too are often of even greater interest.
More of that in next post.
Comment samples follow from the Ban Blair-Baiting petition
1. I completely agree with everything that has been said on this website. As Prime Minister, Tony Blair worked tirelessly and selflessly in the interests of the people, and continues to do so today. He is primarily a humanitarian, and doesn’t deserve any of the vitriol that has been levelled at him. He was a great Prime Minister, is a thoroughly decent man; and should in my opinion, be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his outstanding work. – David Miliband (New Labour’s heir) for the next PM!
2. Best politician in Britain by a long way.
3. Fully support the petition. The criticism of Mr Blair has gone way beyond anything acceptable and seems to be carried out mainly by those who are looking to wash their hands of any involvement in supporting the Iraq war at the time. It is very easy to be ‘wise after the event’ and to make assumptions about how much Mr Blair knew or did not know before the war. In these people’s eyes, the former PM is guilty whatever the evidence.
4. An excellent petition this for a very undervalued PM. A PM who is not only the best in my lifetime but my parents lifetime too!