- Current Latest Page
- All blog posts 2012 + All (Original, 2006 onwards) Contents of Site – Index
- New blog – The Feral Press
- Sign the Ban Blair-Baiting petition here
Or – Tweet this post
17th January 2012
I told my fellow tweeps earlier that there was a constellation that looked like a “T” – Great Dog (in green, at bottom of chart.)
To be honest (and aren’t I always?) I was only messing around. I had no idea.
It just seemed appropriate with all the goings-on today over Luke Bozier a strong Blairite defecting from Labour to the Conservatives; the Blair-less Labour party doing nasty things to the popular Glasgow MP Tom Harris (also a Blairite) over a spoof Hitler/Alex Salmond video he’d uploaded to YouTube thus getting booted out of his job – see ‘Tom Harris Downfall’; and Unite’s Len McCluskey up to some old Union divide-and-rule tricks. In Mr McCluskey’s case it seemed Ed Miliband was embracing “discredited Blairism” (yes, yes, I know!) so McCluskey said they had to sort him out. Else, he would be really sorted out by the er… Blairites (the “discredited” losers y’know) who would then claim the party for their evil little selves.
I’m still trying to get my head around all of this.
So in this stargazing week it seemed just the time to say something about TB and the stars.
I told fellow tweeps that I thought I’d go and take a look for a constellation in the shape of a “B”. As if – thought I! Great constellations! I didn’t even know the “T” existed then, if truth be told!
Lo and behold, miracle of miracles, there it was. To the upper right of the “T”, just as I had hoped for.
After “Great Dog” “T” there was “B” -“Hunter” constellation.
The whole thing is so coincidental, so … er weird. If I was the type, I’d be yelling – ‘there you go – it’s written in the stars.’
OK, I will anyway…..
TB = Great Dog/Hunter – it’s written in the stars!
Even the names are good. Not a Swan or an Aiden or a River or a Chained Princess – but a Great Dog/Hunter.
I’m almost speechless. Wonder what Brian Cox makes of this? I have to go and lie down.
Of course there is always the chance it’s referring to Tony Benn – as this tweep suggested to me. Or to Tony Booth, Cherie Blair’s father or …
But I think I’ll stay with my interpretation.
Go here to download the AstroViewer.
Back to top
Comment samples follow from the Ban Blair-Baiting petition
1. I completely agree with everything that has been said on this website. As Prime Minister, Tony Blair worked tirelessly and selflessly in the interests of the people, and continues to do so today. He is primarily a humanitarian, and doesn’t deserve any of the vitriol that has been levelled at him. He was a great Prime Minister, is a thoroughly decent man; and should in my opinion, be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his outstanding work. – David Miliband (New Labour’s heir) for the next PM!
2. Best politician in Britain by a long way.
3. Fully support the petition. The criticism of Mr Blair has gone way beyond anything acceptable and seems to be carried out mainly by those who are looking to wash their hands of any involvement in supporting the Iraq war at the time. It is very easy to be ‘wise after the event’ and to make assumptions about how much Mr Blair knew or did not know before the war. In these people’s eyes, the former PM is guilty whatever the evidence.
4. An excellent petition this for a very undervalued PM. A PM who is not only the best in my lifetime but my parents lifetime too!